Adding another feather to India’s cap in the area of tourism, the Railways have introduced a game-changing feature – European-style coaches equipped with advanced features to provide a comfortable journey to passengers. The new Vistadome coaches will ply mostly in tourist locations.
“Take a tour of Vistadome Coach!!! Vistadome Coaches have enriched the travel experiences of many travellers. Enjoy the ride in Vistadome coaches & make your travel experience a memorable one,” the Ministry of Railways tweeted along with a video.
Given below is all there is to know about The Vistadome Coaches –
- The seats can rotate up to 180 degrees, so that they can face the direction in which the train is moving.
- Glass roofs, observational lounges and large glass windows.
- The glass windows are laminated with glass sheets in order to protect them from shattering.
- A GPS-based Public Address-cum Passenger Information System (PAPIS), and a sunk-in type LED destination board.
- Wider doors for people with disabilities using a wheelchair.
- A Wi-Fi-based passenger information system.
- Stainless steel multi-tier luggage racks outside the passenger area, a mini-pantry to provide refreshments to the passengers, service area consisting of a hot case, microwave oven, coffee maker, bottle cooler, refrigerator and washbasin.
- A CCTV system for onboard surveillance.
- FRP modular toilets with pressurized flushing system, bio tanks and an automatic fire detection system with an alarm.
- Air-spring suspension in the second stage
- A mobile charging socket has been provided for each passenger below the seat armrest.
Here are some of the routes where these coaches have begun being operated by the Indian Railways – Dadar and Madgaon, Araku Valley, Kashmir Valley, Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, Kalka-Shimla Railway, Kangra Valley Railway, Matheran Hill Railway and Nilgiri Mountain Railway.